1) Strength and endurance: through targeted exercises, you can train the triceps, biceps, pectorals, and shoulders, the action generated by the Powerball strengthens muscle tone. It is a very efficient tool, as it allows you to exert the force of the exiles in just a few minutes!
With two or three sets of exercises a day, hands, wrists, and arms can be exercised in the blink of an eye. These spheres generate forces of varying intensity in random directions. The body, therefore, must exercise activation of the muscles that allow control.
2) Rehabilitation: with the correct execution of targeted exercises for rehabilitation, it is also possible to influence a musculature that has undergone surgery, or the joints of the hand, wrist, and elbow subjected to functional recovery, strengthening the tendons.
Wrist rehabilitation exercise example:
The Powerball can be used to rehabilitate the wrist and strengthen the muscles and ligaments, in order to recover one’s performance in different sports and improve them. This is an example of a sequence of exercises to perform:
- Hold the Powerball so that part of it is positioned between the thumb and forefinger;
- Start the rotor;
- Support the rotation movement, only with the elbow, turning both clockwise and counterclockwise;
- Increase the rotation speed gradually, always with great caution;
- Alternate the exercise on the right and left wrist;
3) Control: thanks to these exercises you can develop proprioception (the brain’s ability to respond to a certain movement). Proprioception is the information that our senses send to the brain so that it processes the responses based on what has been requested. With the Powerball, in particular, we ask that our muscles perform different movements for which the nervous system must offer an answer.